Geochemical methods are one of the types of geoenvironmental research since they study a wide range of environmental components such as water, soil, snow cover, and atmospheric air.
At the initial stage of the geological study of poorly studied territories, outcomes of the geochemical work performed to provide information on the geoenvironmental milieu and can serve as a basis for further monitoring of the environment and for compiling the EIA section in the design of exploration and mining operations in the fields.
Holding geochemical works in conjunction with geophysical (seismic) research at the regional stage of prospecting makes it possible to assess the state of the environment and map regional and local foci of pollution of natural objects, which allows further monitoring of changes in the environment and taking timely measures to reduce the negative effects of pollution.
The company performs the following ecological and geochemical work:
- Ecological support for geological prospecting (geophysical, drilling) works in prospecting and exploring oil and gas fields, ore and non-metallic minerals;
- Systematic ecological and geochemical monitoring of the territory in the areas of development of oil and gas, ore and non-ore deposits, underground disposal of industrial wastes, oil and gas storage facilities, oil depots, and other industrial enterprises;
- Ecological and geochemical control of tightness of gas and oil storages, gas-oil pipelines with precise determination of areas and spots of hydrocarbon leakage;
- Performing ecological and geochemical mode observations of the state of the environment (atmosphere, hydrosphere and lithosphere) in the areas of disposal of industrial wastewater, objects of exploration and mining and operating enterprises;
- Detecting and setting boundaries of the bottling of petroleum products and controlling the content of hydrocarbons and other organic compounds in soil and water;
- Detecting and controlling methane formation foci in coal mines and industrial sites;
- Ecological and geochemical surveying of the territory for the contamination of surface sediments (soils, subsoils), water, and atmosphere with gaseous, liquid, and solid hydrocarbon compounds and their derivatives, heavy metals, and radioactive elements;
- Geochemical gas surveying on snow cover, soils, subsoils, and natural waters;
- Radon survey on soil, subsoil, natural water, and air in the working area of industrial and residential premises;
- Gamma survey of the territory to assess radioactive background and detect radioactive contamination of subsoil and soil cover;
- Detecting and controlling gaseous toxic substances in industry and agriculture.
- Physical and chemical computer modeling of processes of the negative impact of technogenic factors on natural geo-environments (atmosphere, hydrosphere and lithosphere) in areas of industrial enterprises, mining, and industrial waste disposal;
- Chemical and analytical studies of natural objects (gases, water, and rocks) in a laboratory accredited in the Rosacreditation system.